Sunday, July 3, 2011

Summer Daze!

I cannot believe it's July! The past couple of months have been a blur of activity and our weekends have been pretty hectic.
Calvin is hilarious! He is now 8 months, and has had so many "firsts" in the past few weeks. He has a tooth! This has not been a fun experience for any of us...screaming, fevers, etc. Teething is NOT fun! We have pushed through it and I am just glad that our boy has his first real tooth! Many more appear to be on their way as well. Yippee! ;)
He can crawl like a big boy using all fours, and it appears that this was only accomplished so that he could crawl to an object and promptly STAND up! He stands in his crib, holding onto chairs or the couch, in his play yard, pretty much anywhere he can get a good grip. This, of course, comes with tumbles and falls which I hate! I know it's all a part of him learning and growing, and he is getting better about knowing to be careful. He is also imitating sounds and facial expressions, like whistling! It's amazing to see him learning so many new things! Calvin is developing by leaps and bounds, and he has sailed through all the "milestones" he needs to achieve thus far...and then some. I am so proud to be his Mama. He sure keeps us all on our toes! He loves to spit, yell, laugh, and play games with us. The boys sure love it when he spits at them! haha.

Summer has sure kept our family busy so far. Projects inside and outside, soccer games, and family outings take up most of our time (besides work, of course). It has been a rainy summer with alot of thunderstorms, so that has been quite the adventure. Running into the house with a 20 pound baby in an equally heavy carseat through torrential rain...or applying huge amounts of sunscreen on a very busy, sweaty baby...hmmm...I think I'll be glad when it's time for fall!  



No comments:

Post a Comment