I have to take a moment to just thank God that this picture is even possible. So many people have been praying for my family and loving us, and my heart is full when I see my son with my Dad.
I've had a rough week. Work stress, financial worry, and the "working mom" grind had me down. Not to mention the fact that I still have a husband who works just as hard and moments alone are few and far between.
The reality is that I am SO blessed. I have a home, a man who loves me, a healthy, happy baby, and my family is doing well. Some days are better that others, but isn't that just life? It is so easy to become weary with the menial tasks of each day and the stress of staying afloat in this oh-so-lovely economy. Not to mention the constant juggling act of work, baby, and the boys...which makes me feel like a deficient circus performer. Trying to find some peace and quiet in the middle of it all is nearly impossible.
This moment happened over the weekend, and as I snapped the photo I couldn't help but think about how none of the "stuff" matters. The bills, work, laundry, dishes. The things I don't have, the things that don't get done or I can't afford to do. None of it matters. People matter, love matters, and most importantly a relationship with a Father who hears our prayers and provides endlessly to meet our needs-that is what matters.
“The willingness to be and to have just what God wants us to be and have, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else, would set our hearts at rest, and we would discover the simpler life,
the greater peace.”
~Elisabeth Eliot
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment