Friday, November 11, 2011

Fall Update

I cannot believe the holidays are right around the corner! As much as I adore fall with all its loveliness, I absolutely love Christmas. I could do without the hustle and bustle of shopping for presents, but the meaning, feel, and happiness that Christmas brings is more than enough for me. I'm making myself wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate...

For now, here's an update on what our ONE year old is up to!
-Calvin is almost walking independently. We've found that our boy is quite cautious and does not want to fall. He took a couple steps on his own the day before his birthday, and now we are waiting for him to take off!
-He is dancing! It is beyond cute. It's hilarious to watch my little guy shake his hips to music.
-He talks to us all day! It's not always understandable, but he makes his wants and needs very known. His favorite thing to do now is point to different objects and say "Dee, dee!" (See, See!!)
-Calvin is a little stinker. He is very mischevious, and knows exactly what he isn't supposed to do...then he does it.
-As for eating, WELL, that's an adventure. Calvin is very independent...and picky. He gave up on purees a long time ago and refuses to be fed from a spoon. Of course you live and learn, and I shoud have taken his cues that he was ready to eat on his own. He has been able to feed himself for a couple of months now, and loves Cheerios and crackers. As for more substantial foods, we're getting there. Turns out he loves my Dad's recipe for egg cassarole...so I will be making that every week. ;) I appreciate good friends' advice, and I've given him all kinds of goodies to try. Grapes, apples, chicken, and basically whatever we are eating. I let him try everything as long as it's safe for him to have it. I know that in time he will fall into a routine and eat like a champ. Even though he's a picky little guy, he will try everything that I give him which makes me very happy. He can drink out of cups, and use a straw which is so cute.

That's all for now. I'm sure there will be much, much more to come.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE AND I MEAN LOVE YOUR BLOG AMANDA!!! This post was so fun! I always love reading about your family and CALVIN!!! He is such a smart handsome HAPPY AND I MEAN HAPPY LIL GUY! I bet you guys are so excited to see him grow. Keep up the blogging, I love reading your work!! Oh and LOVE pics of Calvin!!

    ReplyDelete