Saturday, February 19, 2011

...all who are weary...

"Come unto me, all who are weary, and I will give you rest"

This has been an extremely difficult week at work. Being a working Mom is like the being the guy at the circus who juggles plates on those thin sticks. If you drop one, they all fall.

I find it so much harder to deal with work stress now that I am a Mom. I used to crave it, to thrive off of it and feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of a particularly hard day.
Now I know that I would rather give my best self to my family and my baby than to relative strangers at work. It is like an inner fight to find the strength and energy to deal with work emergencies or major issues.
I know that God has me divinely placed at my job, to help those who cannot help themselves and to give children a life they normally would never have. Although I know this, and I am willing to do whatever I need to do to support my family, it doesn't make it easier.

The good news is though, that little Calvin is so unaffected by my stress. He is why I schedule my day around pumping breaks, so that we can continue the beautiful bond of breastfeeding. He is such a happy boy and is growing like a weed! He is meeting so many milestones, and it is such a joy. Who would've thought that Elio and I would almost be in tears when Calvin grabbed a toy and put it in his mouth for the first time? Or when he took off his sock by himself with his hand? It's amazing how beautiful the joys of parenthood are!


No comments:

Post a Comment