Saturday, March 26, 2011

10 Confessions

Here are ten things I've learned in the past few months!

1. You don't need to take the diaper bag everywhere. Just throw a diaper, a toy, and a burp rag in your purse and you're good.
2. Baby spit up, pee, poop, vomit, snot, etc are still gross when it's your own baby! Everyone says "Ohh when it's your baby it won't be gross". Nope, it's still gross.
3. Get used to doing laundry every day. If you don't, your house will resemble a laundromat and it will smell.
4. Who cares if my baby sleeps next to me?
5. Also, who cares if I get him when he cries? Isn't he supposed to be telling me something is wrong? I don't like the idea of "crying it out". It seems unnatural and I don't like it one bit.
6. The baby doesn't need to be changed all the time. If the onesie has drool all over it, it's not going to hurt anyone.
7. He also doesn't need a bath every day!
8. So what if I let him snooze for a few extra minutes in his carseat if he's sleeping when we get home...sounds like a good nap to me. (Of course I'm watching him closely!)
9. A blanket on the floor, a few toys=a few uninterrupted minutes for me to do some dishes.
10. LAUGH at yourself! When Calvin puked all over our sheets, pillows, and blankets this morning...then smiled the biggest smile, we had to laugh. It's all part of the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment