Sunday, August 7, 2011

Just keep swimming

The past few weeks have been crazy busy! Work has stretched me paper thin, and has caused quite a bit of stress. Elio has been pulling double shifts, has had crazy schedule changes, and multiple midnights. This causes exhaustion for me when Calvin is up all night with his fifth tooth coming through, and  I don't have Daddy to help out! His presence is truly missed when he's not here, and I greatly appreciate all he does for our family-both at work & at home. The mantra that keeps playing in my head is "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming!" from Finding Nemo. Unlike Nemo, who is a cute clown fish with a gimp fin that is eventually reunited with his Father...I am an overworked and underpaid social worker who is beyond burned out. I know that there is a light at the end of this tunnel, and I am praying that God provides us with an answer soon as to how I can make a major change for our family.


We snuck away the past couple of days to Elio's parents' lake house in Monticello, IN. It's right on the river leading to Lake Shafer, and we took the boys (our nephews) along as well. It was a GREAT getaway. We got to go boating, tubing, sleep in (until 8am! haha), cookout, go to Indiana Beach, and just relax. I am so grateful that all of us were able to enjoy the weekend and forget about work! The boys had a blast, and I love watching them have fun. Since we have had Calvin, I have not been able to take them on as many fun adventures such as movie nights, bowling, or beach days. This was a much overdue fun weekend for us all.


Although work has had us both stressed out, I know that God has not brought us this far to leave us. Our bills are paid, we have a cozy home, healthy family, and a beautiful baby! My Dad has been doing well lately and we could not be more grateful for that.
So, I'll just keep swimming...


Here are some photos of our crazy, hilarious 9 month old as well as some from our weekend:











No comments:

Post a Comment