This blog is dedicated to the Moms of babies and children everywhere who are frantically wrapping, baking, cleaning, and, well, doing anything but sleeping in anticipation of Santa...err.. Jesus' arrival this weekend! Here are a few things that help me get through the holidays with an energetic, busy, loud, and happy toddler!
 |
| A large canvas tote and moccasins. It is SO much easier to carry one bag instead of a purse AND a diaper bag when you are traveling, shopping, and spending time at other people's homes for the holidays! Some of the contents of this bag include diapers, wipes ( I use a Ziploc bag ), lipgloss, a small clutch for easy access to debit cards or keys (so I don't have to take the whole bag into the store or restaurant every time), small toys for Calvin, Sippy Cup with water, snacks such as Cheerios and Cheddar Bunnies. This bag could seriously save a life. ;) Oh and the moccasins..yea they're pretty great as slippers or for running errands! |
 |
| Ahh, the Sippy. I don't give Calvin juice very much (sugar high, no thank you) so I try to have one Sippy in the car, and one at home. It gives Calvin something to do in the car, and this cup in particular is great! It's spillproof and BPA free. The soft tip is easy for Calvin to drink out of. The brand is Munchkin. |
 |
| Organization is key to maintaining my sanity! I love this little coat hook for Calvin's hoodies. It's secondhand, and I'm sure you could find one at Goodwill or Walmart. I prefer to layer Calvin because he sweats inside stores, and it's so much easier to remove layers to make him more comfortable! |
 |
| Moms need love, too! I love Mary Kay Timewise foundation. I use the Matte option, and I don't leave the house without it on. Let's be honest, no one gets much accomplished when they feel frazzled. Take the extra 10 minutes to smooth your hair and slap on some makeup. You'll feel better, and so will everyone around you. ;) |
 |
| We have had quite the struggle beating a nasty fungal rash that Calvin developed a few months ago. We tried EVERY cream imaginable, went through 2 prescription creams (totaling up to 100 dollars, thankyouverymuch) tried every homeopathic remedy I could find (Lavender oil did help somewhat), and FINALLY I found Triple Paste. This stuff is golden. This size tub costs 17.99 but believe me when I say all you need is a fingertip. (And if you've met my child, you know his bottom is not small) They also sell smaller sizes; I've seen the smaller tubes at Walmart. Trust me when I say this saved my baby's bottom! I will never use another cream. |
 |
| Happy Toddler, Happy Mommy! |
One final tip for surviving the holidays with babies and kids. ENJOY IT. Before you know it, your nephew will be 13 like mine is and you will miss the days when an Elmo toy did the job. Calvin is already changing in little ways each day, and I cannot wait to see the joy on his face on Christmas morning! Cherish these moments and truly remember the reason we celebrate. I know I am.
Great tips! I do the "canvas bag" instead of a diaper bag AND purse, as well and it's a life saver :) Calvin is such a cutie patootie :)
ReplyDelete