| MMM, Bacon! |
| See what I mean? Into Everything. |
| What, Mommy? I'm not doing anything wrong... |
| What do we have here? |
-Calvin loves to "read" books, "draw", and "talk" to us. He gets frustrated when he can't do something, and I can see he definitely has my personality!
-I still swear by Triple Paste diaper cream. I'm also still a Pampers fan. We tried Luvs, but ladies...if you have boys, you know how much they pee!
-I've always used Burts Bees lotion on him, but I discovered Burts Bees Calming lotion. It has lavender and eucalyptus in it, and smells so great. Perfect for after a warm bath!
| I realize this is a blur, but this is what my house looks like most of the time. Kids, toys, and craziness! |
This year has already been so busy for our family! My Dad's health is still stable, which we praise God for. It's still a struggle to deal with, and we still have tests, results, and an uncertain future. Brandon is with us on a semi-permanent basis, and I have to admit I love having the extra help. He is 14 now, and boy is it nice to have a half grown extra set of hands! For my close friends who know the history of our situation, I am no longer referring to Brandon as my "nephew". He has always called me his sister (which legally, I am his sister), so I want to respect his choice. The two younger boys call me their Aunt, and until they decide differently, that's ok with me.
Elio works so hard, and he has been pulling a lot of overtime. I love him so much, and I thank God for him...good and bad! Marriage is not a sprint, it's a marathon. It's hard work, but the benefits are the best. We've been stretched to our limit at times, but I could not ask for a better partner.
As for me, well...I am still working. I have had some especially difficult weeks at work that have been very trying. (Hence the lack of blogging, and lack of sanity on some days) I am praying for clarity about how, where, and when God wants me to make a change. I am thankful though that a few co-workers have told me that I have changed their mind about certain things, for example breastfeeding. People are more open to the conversation and providing me with support. Seeing me with my pumping bag every day has obviously sent a little message to my fellow social workers. Or maybe it's my big mouth...I'm not sure which. ;-)
My 2012 goals include:
-More blogging (Be on the lookout, I have a lot to say!)
-Graduate School (I put that on hold when I had Calvin, and when my Dad became ill)
-Crafting with Calvin & Scrapbooking his first year
-Getting more involved with our church
-Home projects, like decorating and improvements
-Vacations! (This may be more like a dream than a goal, but we'll see)
-Exploring my passions and making time for me
-Letting Go...as in if none of these goals are attained, I'll be ok with it. ;) Let's see how that works out, shall we?
No comments:
Post a Comment