Patience is not a virtue of mine, and I will be the first one to admit that. I am a "get it done right now, and fast" kind of person...very typical type A personality. Not only do I want it done right now, I want it done perfectly. WELL. This is not realistic, and I have gotten much better with letting some things go. Trust goes along with letting go, and it's something I honestly struggle with. As some of you are aware, the past several months I have heavily considered leaving my job. Actually, since Calvin was born I have wanted to do something that required less of my time away from home, not to mention less stressful. I had a plan, and I'll spare you the details but it had what I thought was a good "end date" attached to it. Well, we make plans and God laughs, right?
I've been praying, and praying, and praying for the right thing to do. I've applied to other positions elsewhere and I've been faithfully working my little "plan" to make it possible for me to quit entirely if I needed to. (It's not that I do not want or need to work. It's a lot more complicated than than. Insert long story about my 14 year old nephew slash brother living with me here) I've also researched graduate programs, and ways to turn my hobbies and passions into a career. Well, I've received a series of confirming signs that the answer is right in front of me:
God said Wait. He didn't say Yes, He didn't say No. Wait.
I let go of applying elsewhere for now. I let go of obsessively stocking up on laundry detergent in case I quit.
So now, I wait. I watch. I listen.
Easier said than done. So if you pray, I will accept yours wholeheartedly. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to work hard, love hard, and make it work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will be praying YOU ARE SUCH AN AMAZING MOMMY!!!
ReplyDelete