Calvin is 18 months old! I have not blogged in so long it seems. Our life has been a little more hectic than usual, and this is just something that has not fit into our schedule. There have been so many things lately that I have said to myself "Oh...I really need to write a blog about this!" so if I happen to have some free time soon, get ready for blog overload!
In the meantime, here is what our toddler is up to. I have to say, having an 18 month old is very tiring but SO FUN. He is learning so much, talking so much more, and has turned into his own little person. I adore this age and stage. He LOVES being outside, playing with the "guys", and spending time with us. Calvin also has a special affection to the TV which I had hoped to avoid. Well, life happens. The fact is, if I want to do a load of laundry (or *gasp* actually shower uninterrupted) Nick Jr has become my new best friend. Hey, everything in moderation right? ;)
The best part of this age is that there are so many fun activities we can do. We love crafts, reading books in silly voices, singing songs, going to the park, and we hope to have a zoo trip soon. Calvin also loves playing. Just PLAYING. He always wants to play with the guys, play with his toys, play outside, play at the babysitters...I swear the boy never stops! I love it though that he has so much fun. He is also just doing so much on his own. He amazes us every day! He picked me a flower for the first time, and my heart just melted.
He's also talking so much more! He says so many words but some of my current favorites are:
Shoes (it sounds like "chews". so. cute.)
Pablo (his duck, from the Backyardigans)
Owl (his favorite stuffed animal)
Bobo (his monkey, which he named)
Potty, Pee Pee, and Butt. (Hmmm...maybe potty training is in my near future?)
He says so many more, and I love actually talking with our boy. Elio has been so wonderful, and it's great to see him be able to do guy stuff with Calvin.
We love our toddler!
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment