Friday, August 10, 2012

Summer & Almost 2!


A little disclaimer--my blog is under construction--but I could not bear to go any longer without at least posting a blog about our growing boy.

Well, our boy is almost TWO years old! He's officially 21 months, and I absolutely cannot believe that almost two years has passed since his birth.

Calvin is a running, talking, laughing, learning, silly little guy. He says SO many words, phrases, and literally learns something new each day. Calvin has always been the type of child that you only have to show him something one time, and he just "gets it". Everyone who meets him or interacts with him says this! This is good...and bad...because he repeats and will try to do pretty much whatever we do! It amazes me how established his personality is and how it feels like we have always known him. Here are some blurbs about our guy and what he's up to:

-Well, he's still a picky eater! He doesn't like veggies, so I am reading "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfield for some inspiration! He goes in stages where he will eat everything, and then refuse everything. We've sort of learned to just go with it, and we've realized that perhaps he's like a little bird who snacks on things and stocks up for later. ;) I always offer him food at every meal, and I try to the best of my ability to incorporate healthy options. If he throws it on the floor, well, then I clean it up with half a smile! He asks for his fork and spoon, and uses both very well. He is getting better about being neat during dinner time as well. He's a lot like his Mom and Dad who eat tons of our favorite foods and not so much of our least favorite foods. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! (Pun intended)
-He LOVES TV. Which is both great for doing a load of laundry and horrible in that it causes children to become vegetables. (not the good kind) So..we try to limit it to a couple shows in the morning while we're getting ready, and then one favorite show at night during snacktime. Other than that, I try to have the TV off. (We have made an exception for the Olympics!) Some of his favorites are Little Bear, Blue's Clues, and Dora.
-Calvin could play with his "guys" (Jimmy & Logan) day and night. He LOVES playing...cars, trains, babydoll..you name it and he's there! He loves to play! I love it that he can interact with kids of all ages and is very social!
-Although he is social, he is quite the Mama's boy. He is pretty clingy lately, and I am sure it is a phase all toddlers go through. All this learning and growing is hard work!
-I'm not a huge fan of the heat, but we have been enjoying summer. Nightly walks are our favorite, and he LOVES pointing out everything he sees and talking about it! It amazes us that he recognizes everything and can verbalize how he is feeling.
-Calvin knows feelings and emotions. He tells me "I'm scared" when he is scared! Although it's so cute, it's also scary to know that my son knows what is feels like to be afraid. Can I wrap him in bubble wrap and never let him leave the house? No? ok...
-He sleeps like a rock...with us. Calvin has grown to be a good sleeper, which is a huge relief because I truly thought I would never see 8 hours of sleep again for the rest of my life. He sleeps in our bed, and I'm fine with it. You know why? Because 8 hours of sleep and sleeping in on Saturdays is TOTALLY worth it...thankyouverymuch. Also, that cute, sweaty toddler is just too darn well adjusted and healthy for me to give a darn about it.

Calvin really, truly, makes us laugh, shake our heads with wonder, and thank God every day that he's in our lives! Life has been crazy with hectic work schedules all around, family stresses and demands, our house literally falling apart all at once (I'm being dramatic), and pet issues...did I mention bills, laundry, yardwork, groceries, and trying to shower? God is always good, and for that, we cannot complain! We are healthy, happy, and I've somehow found myself getting ready to start a graduate program for a Masters of Education.

Another update will hopefully appear in less than 3 months. Until then, God bless from the Rossi's.

No comments:

Post a Comment