Wednesday, November 14, 2012

TWO!

Calvin is TWO! I absolutely cannot believe that our little baby has turned into a full fledged boy. It amazes us how smart he is, and we truly had a blast celebrating his second birthday! His party was Curious George themed, and I had so much fun getting everything together! With working full time and balancing our busy lives, a fun party is the ultimate celebration and fun time to get together with family and friends... and BOY does Calvin have friends! I am so blessed to have lots of friends who showered Calvin with love, affection, and...toys. :) He is one fortunate little fella. His party was the weekend before his actual birthday which falls on Halloween. (I always knew he'd surprise us, and his entrance into this world was full of drama just like him!) His party was a success, but my stubborn boy refused to nap before hand and crashed shortly after the gifts were opened. Either way, we had a great time! I took the day off on Calvin's actual birthday to spend quality time with him all day. It was great because we did nothing but play, read books, and watch his favorite shows. Later that day we went trick or treating with Jimmy and Logan! They had a great time, and Calvin LOVED it. He said "Trick or Treat!" at each house, and "Thank you!" He got a lot of candy which Mom and Dad are enjoying still. ;) Afterwards, we went to our church's harvest party. Calvin is the only toddler, and so he got to hang out with all the big kids. He loved watching them play games and he joined them in eating pizza.
Calvin is doing everything for his age and so much more. He amazes us. Elio and I always joked that he'd be smarter than us by the time he was two, and I think we were right! Calvin's verbal skills and the things he picks up on are what impress us the most. Our conversations with him are hilarious. He speaks in sentences, runs, jumps, skips, and does his "exercises" which include a silly yoga pose and push ups. Calvin loves trains, cars, and playing with Jimmy and Logan. He's a lazy boy in the morning, and loves to sleep in. When he's ready to get up he says "I'm ready to go downstairs and watch a show!" He gets to cuddle on the couch for a while in the mornings and watch one of his favorite shows. Calvin is eating better, but oh man, he loves junk food! We offer him everything, but he has a certain affection for the junkier foods. He's getting so big, too...he really looks like a two year old! Here are some highlights from his birthday week:





 




No comments:

Post a Comment