Brandon: "I love you, Calvin"
Calvin: "No, Bubba. Only Mom loves me"
Calvin: "Mom, there's a hair in your mouth! (Gently gets it for me) There you go. Mom, you're a gurrrl."
Me: "Calvin, be careful. There's a baby in my belly."
Calvin: "There's macaroni in MY belly!"
Calvin: "Mom, you got a new shirt?" (And yes, it was the first time I had worn a new sweater)
Me: "Yes, buddy, do you like it?"
Calvin: "Yes, it's nice Mom."
Calvin: "Mom, I want my leap pad!"
Me: "Calvin, it's in the car, and it's dark outside. You'll have to wait until tomorrow."
Calvin: "I'll get it! I'll use my sunglasses! I can see with my eyes."
Calvin, noticing his broken bathtub toy container in the kitchen: "Daddy fix that? My toy box broken. Daddy needs glue?"
Calvin at dinnertime at my parents' house: "Papa Clark, you pray? Pray to Jesus? Now read the Bible."
Calvin joining a conversation his Nana was having, "You go to school? I have a backpack at my house!"
Of course Calvin's words are still very much that of a toddler, but we can almost always understand. It's funny when we can't, he will say the word or phrase very slowly...almost like Mom and Dad are just dumb and don't get it. ;)
My favorites are still "I'm Calvin Rossi!" and I just love how he is generous with giving us kisses now, like real little boy kisses which are thought out and sweet. He also now answers excitedly when asked how old he is, "Me 2!" (We're still working on pronouns...)
He really is quite talkative, and we are always having conversations with him. Potty training is, well, um, taking time. Let's just leave it at that for now shall we ;) Discipline is not fun for any of us, but Calvin is definitely pushing boundaries and learning what he can and cannot do. He does get very upset when redirected or when he knows he has done something mean. Sleep is still an adventure with him, as it always has been. The boy does not like to go to bed, and if given the option would just stay up playing all night. We still have the same structured bedtime routine, and when it's time to sleep, it's lights off and go to bed! He is so lazy in the mornings, and sometimes sleeps until 9:30. During the week, he always wants "A few more minutes" or "I'm not ready yet". I wonder where he heard that...
that's all for now. I could go on for days. We love our silly little man.
No comments:
Post a Comment